Dust the office:
Upon entering, you’re quite likely to notice dust on tables and chairs including surfaces of all the furniture inside the workspace.
Dust buildup isn’t just eye-soothing but also potential carriers of viruses or germs capable of infection.The best part is, we know offices that are soon going to reinitiate their operations.
Following the dust clean-up, breathing inside the office will be much easier.
Apply these precautionary measures during office cleaning:
During any office cleaning work, make sure you’re completely covered with NIOSH and WHO-certified PPE (Personal Protective Equipment).
An employer must provide the following list of items to their cleaners before initiating.
Learn more about commercial cleaning lead generation for sanitizing workplaces hiring janitors near you.
Once you begin the cleanup, you need to make sure that not the slightest bit of skin portions remain exposed; therefore, must wear the following gears:
- A particulate mask by 3M, N95 preferably.
- A pair of gloves covering your arms.
- Shoe covers for covering your feet.
- Protective eye covers or goggles.
- Knee pads for wiping low area spaces.
- A headcover for shielding your head.
For each of these gears mentioned above, look closely at the packaging for WHO and/or NIOSH certifications.
In addition to protecting your own self, make sure that your whole team is equally equipped with adequate PPE.
Certainly, they will also feel safe working with you.
- Hand sanitizers on the reception desk so employees can wash their hands before entering the premises every time.
- A box of reusable mask supplies or gloves for employees, in case it doesn’t exceed your budget.
- Replace hand dryers with toilet papers in every washroom, as the latter lowers the chances for spreading viruses and other microbes.
As a matter of fact, leaving such souvenirs will generate a sense of authenticity in your client; moreover, it will definitely make them rehire your commercial cleaning services.
You could hang a signboard on the wall stating all the general guidelines for suppressing the chances of infection.
- Reminding to maintain social distance within the office.
- Reminding frequent hand washing or sanitizing.
- Remaining at home if feeling unwell.
- Wearing a mask at all times.
If you’re the one leading your office cleaning team, then as a leader it’s your job to ensure complete safety for your members too.
And that means, supplying them with proper PPE and other necessary items.
There are gloves made of nitrile, which are comparatively safer than latex gloves.
Warm water for disinfecting viruses:
Apply warm water on doorknobs, table surfaces, elevator switches, and any other spots that are frequently touched.
Use disinfectant or sanitizer following every office cleaning job.
Few disinfectants for the floors:
Now, evidence reveals that SARSCoV-2 may remain effective for hours and even days depending on the material; therefore, disinfection is the safest measure.
Disinfecting refers to the usage of chemicals that are EPA-registered; meaning, chemicals must kill germs manifesting inside any office space.Here you will find 7 best floor cleaners to include in your office cleaning arsenal.
Generally, it's advised to disinfect surfaces that are frequently touched. Specifically -
- desk surfaces
- taps in the loo
- drawer handle, and many.
Following every cleanup, advise your team to clean themselves thoroughly particularly after disposing of their gloves, masks, and goggles. If you wish to sustain your team, make sure you have them adequately dressed up before every cleaning contract.
We would love to be there by your side every step of the way, all you have to do is just book an appointment with our team.